|Our view today on our way out to get dinner. We saw God's promises splashed all over the sky!|
1. Promises written in the sky...over my neighborhood...over my adopted country...over my life!
2. Brand spankin' new crayons.
|How I love thee, Crayola, let me count the ways...|
3. We broke out #2 because the kids and I have returned back to home school. These past few weeks have been awesome. I am finally feeling like I am in a groove with three. Now if I can just get Kyla to keep still...
4. Potty-training Kyla. It has actually been a joy. Seeing her wear Hello Kitty undies, wash her hands by herself, and eat Starbursts (her treat for a dry diaper at nap time) has been fun. It is Day Three. Ask me on Day Ten if it is still a joy. ;)
|Bird of Paradise plant in the front yard. I love these!|
5. My garden blooming even after not being around to tend to it for four months. Bird of paradise flowers, purple, white and yellow orchids, and twenty plus papayas. Wow. God is awesome. Oh yeah, and my Christmas grass didn't die. Treavor bought me grass last Christmas and and it made it through the hot season without me. Oh, the joy!
6. Breaking out the bread machine for the first time since being back. If being addicted to carbs is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
7. Movie Night tonight; Finding Nemo for the billionth time (it's still good!). To-go Thai dinner. Freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread (see #6) for dessert.
8. Earlier today I finally talked with my neighbor and gave him the souvenir from the States that I bought for him and his wife. How lame is it that we've been here three weeks and I'm just now doing this? Lame. But, now I have finally broken the ice (again) with them (the first time was a year ago when we moved in!). Maybe they'll finally talk to us now that we brought them sweets! :)
9. Treavor's at a meeting tonight. I don't like being away from him in the evening, but the reason he's gone is why I'm loving it; there is a group of new leaders that have come to know Jesus and are wanting to know how to disciple others in His love. What a great reason for me to fly solo tonight! We have the best job in the world.
|If we were still in the States, would we get family photo ops like this? Maybe if we were snake handlers...or in the circus?|
10. When I am lonely, bored, confused, at a loss of what to do next, or when the silence in the house feels stifling rather than refreshing...I am so thankful to have the comfort of the Holy Spirit near to me. In fact, He never leaves me. My needs can be met and I am more content when He's the one that fills them, rather than a Facebook fix or even a phone call with a close friend. It is in the silence that I can quiet my heart to hear Him better and better.
What's on your "like" list today? I'd love to hear it! Share in the comments below: