Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lizard, anyone?

Does this look like dinner to you?























I didn't think so.

But, for my neighbors - it is a delectable treat.  Thrown into a frying pan, topped with a spicy curry sauce, it was their feast last night.  No, I'm not kidding.

I grabbed this pic from the wonderful world wide web because I tried to convince Treav to take one, but he was already late on getting back to work.  So, the above will do.

The REAL monitor lizard (click for more) was taller than my 5 1/2 year old.  He was black and yellow-striped, with his legs and feet tied to his body so he wouldn't get away.  I noticed him hanging in the back yard of my neighbor's house, alive, but not even struggling anymore to try and escape his ultimate fate: a *tasty* dish with rice. 

Oh yeah - and he was caught right by our HOUSE!  He probably enjoyed sunning himself on my front porch in the wee hours of the morning little to my knowledge!  He probably got cozy with any assortment of critters that like to crawl around while I ignorantly sleep in the night.  Actually, I kind of like that!  These lizards are fierce rodent-hunters!

I am praising God today that I am not very close with these neighbors.  Otherwise, I might have to actually play the submissive-type and cheerfully eat this reptile in order to honor the hosts.  Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you, Jesus! 

Honesty, people. 

I've eaten snails.  I've eaten frog.  I've eaten blood soup.  I don't know if I'm ready for monitor lizard. 

What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...