Thursday, October 6, 2011

Because Today Something Is Better Than Nothing

the three munchkins on one of our many car trips

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet today.  


Wake up.


Spend time with God.


Drink lots of coffee.


Kids up.  Chores.  Breakfast.  Making jokes.


Grandma Cool came to visit this morning to give Run a Thai lesson.  If you haven't heard about her yet, she's a new neighbor friend that lives down the street.  She's a retired schoolteacher with loads of time.  She walks around the entire neighborhood every day.  She gardens.  She feeds the fish in the canal.  She has brought us flowers, bananas and Thai dessert since we met her last week.  She's a gem.


She showed up this morning with a basket full of goodies.  Stickers.  Clay-dough.  New crayons.  She was ready!  I am so thankful for her.  She offered to teach the kids a little Thai if their attention spans can stand it.  A huge answer to prayer!


After that, the kids and I piled into the car for errands.  Furniture store.  Makro (a bulk food store).  We bought a boatload of shredded cheese (hallelujah) and a brick of butter.  5 kilos of butter.  Did I mention that we love to eat butter?  Ever want to make me food?  Make it with butter and you're set.  Butter is my love language lately.


After that, we drove back to the house and picked up Treav to go eat lunch.  Lunch.  Done.  Back to the house.  Playtime.  Reading.  Naps.


Sometimes my days seem too ordinary to write home about.  No new factoids, natural disaster, sickness, cobra in the backyard, or play date with pictures.  


So, today, posting something is better than nothing.  Ordinary.  But, there it is.  It is my life.  A lot of the mundane with bits of extraordinary sprinkled here and there.  Reality.  I'm OK with it in this season of my existence.  It is my "Ordinary Life In The Wild" today.  


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...