Friday, January 13, 2012

My 100th post! Thank YOU!

This is my 100th post!  Last Spring, when I wrote my first post, I honestly didn't know how long I would last.  


Since then, I have found that my heart and my mind have been, somewhat, awakened.  I haven't turned into a prolific writer in the sense of being featured somewhere wonderful or published into a best-selling tell-all book.  But, that wasn't my goal.


Sometimes for the extroverted-me, living overseas and (mostly) being at home with my three munchkins can be taxing on my emotional health.  When I say "emotional health" - I mean the fact that I almost can't stand it when something absolutely special, or very, very ordinary happens...and I can't share it with the world.  To be able to post about it and comment back and forth with all of you is surprisingly refreshing for my brain.  I want to call my 20 closest friends, or share every one of my 1000's of photos, or sit down for coffee and pick every one of your brains about everything that you love about life.  Because of space and time limitations, none of this is actually possible.  


But, when my son gets shark teeth, my daughter takes her first steps, the nation floods, or I want to rant about my latest snake encounter, I get to write about it here at Ordinary Life in The Wild.  


And then (this is where my point finally surfaces), when I hear back from you about your own life, your thoughts, your struggles, your victories...a connection is made.  We are no longer swimming in an ocean of anonymity that sometimes defines the Internet...and sometimes defines how we feel in a world with 7 billion people living in it; trying to feel linked together, yet overwhelmed at our smallness, at times.


When YOU have read what I have written here, even once, or have faithfully followed since the beginning...I have been so, so thankful to be a part of your life.  Thank you for being a part of mine.  


Here's to the next 100 posts!  Thanks for being part of the adventure here.


I thank my God every time I remember you (Philippians 1:3),
Alina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...